Freediving & Seals Photography Retreat @ Jervis Bay supported by GoPro!
Date: September 23rd – 25th 2023
Location: Jervis Bay, New South Wales
Cost: $990 ($495 deposit to secure your spot)
Skill Level: All levels welcome
Spots available: 9
Leaders: 3. Blaze Parsons, Bri Heaney and Larisa Cevallos
These retreat has been designed to maximise your stoke levels and learning experience, while strengthening your confidence.
– 2 nights bayside accommodation in our AirBnb
– Saturday lunch and dinner
– Sunday breakfast/lunch/dinner
– Monday breakfast
– Return transport from the Sydney airport to Jervis Bay
– To and from transport to dive sites all weekend.
– GoPro Workshop – learn about GoPro, settings, cameras, accessories, pro tips to film, photograph and edit.
– Professional Introduction to Photography & Editing Underwater Imagery (using GoPro as a reference)
– Led for the weekend by Blaze Parsons (@blazeparsons), GoProAmbassador Larisa Cevallos (@sweetocean) and Bri Heaney (@breeesea) covering all media options.
For this trip, we’ll be offering hire options for all freediving equipment and the option of testing GoPro gear!
$880 – own transport for the weekend
$990 – all inclusive retreat package
To secure your spot for the trip, a $495 deposit is required. The balance is payable up to 30 days before the trip start date.
Flights not included. You will need to fly into Sydney Domestic Airport.
Day 1 – Saturday 23rd of September
8am Meet at the Sydney Airport for group departure (please book your flights to arrive prior to 8am)
10:30am Arrive at Jervis Bay and be ready to jump straight in for our first group shore dive, so keep your dive gear easily accessible.
1:00pm Lunch before checking in to our accommodation.
5:30pm Welcome dinner and drinks to get to know one another and talk about how the weekend will go ahead.
7pm GoPro Workshop with GoPro Content Creator @sweetocean
Day 2 – Sunday 24th of September
8am Morning Dive Session
11pm Early Lunch and Break
1pm Afternoon Boat Session with Woebegone Freediving! 5 hours afternoon dive trip with these local guides showcasing the best of Jervis Bay!
5:30pm Group Dinner
7pm Practical editing workshop using the footage you took in the afternoon with Blaze Parson and Larisa Cevallos
Day 3 – Monday 25th of September
8am Morning Dive Session
Travel back to Sydney Domestic Airport
*The itinerary is approximate and will be adjusted to suit tide times and the weather.
What’s not included
- Flights to Sydney
- Food/Alcohol in addition to the meals listed
- Transport costs around town
- Travel insurance
If for any reason you need to cancel, you are required to let us know 30 days prior to the start of the retreat. By doing so your $500 is fully transferable to another retreat or course offered by The Underwater Culture. If you cancel within 30 days before the trip start date, we cannot refund/transfer your deposit. You are able to transfer your ticket onto someone else. Please note we are not responsible for any expenses incurred outside of our retreat package (additional food/drinks, flights to and from Sydney, travel insurance, emergencies, etc.)